Saturday, March 17, 2007
So Thankful for Family
We are so lucky to have family close by - especially since they are so willing to do whatever they can to help. The first week was pretty rough on Matt and myself. I'm dealing with fatigue from the long labour, baby blues and a case of anemia as a result of blood loss during the delivery. Needless to say, sleep is a very precious and limited commodity. Thankfully, Matt and I received relief on Wednesday and Thursday night compliments of the Moms. I slept at my parents on Wednesday and Matt's parents on Thursday to get some sleep and to give Matt a chance to catch up since he still has to go to his French language training. The Moms kept Simon for sleeping and settling and I was essentially just a wet nurse. Simon actually slept a little on his own (which he hadn't been doing for me and Matt) and I got a few consecutive hours of sleep. I am so glad that the Moms were willing to sacrifice their sleep to help me regain some sanity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment