Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Simon's Ultrasound

Simon's ultrasound was hell! He started off happy enough smiling and chatting with the ultrasound technician but when he started grabbing onto the scope and rubbing his hands in the gel, he had to be restrained a bit. This started off a chain reaction once he realized that he couldn't roll and move about as he pleased. In about 10 seconds he went from chatty, happy baby to screaming and inconsolable. I have never heard anything like it and just looking at how desperately unhappy he was just about caused me to end up in tears. I'm glad I wasn't alone because at one point it took three of us to keep him still to try to get a clear picture. Thankfully, he forgot about it all pretty quickly once he had eaten and he was fresh again for some extra shots. A nap in the car on the way home also helped. Now we just have to wait for the results of this - but we're back at CHEO on Monday for another test.

UPDATE - our Pediatrician's office called today with the results and everything was normal with the ultrasound.

No comments: