Saturday, September 29, 2007
Mont Tremblant Vacation
Matt arranged for us to use a friend's condo for a few days this week at the base of Mont Tremblant. We were a bit worried after our Toronto ordeal but we decided since there were two rooms in the condo, that we were willing to risk it. After a nauseating trip up, we arrived in Mont Tremblant the town - the furthest point that Matt had printed directions for. It took a bit of time to find our resort but thankfully Simon wasn't too crabby. The first day we walked a bit around the village, and then I had a nap while Simon and Matt went for a swim. It turned out that the pool was closed so they played on the exersaucer and then had a bath to kill some time and give me a bit of a break. Day 2 was much more hectic, we took the gondola to the summit and wandered around in the clouds. The views were spectacular with all of the leaves on the trees in full fall colours. Simon was a hit with everyone. He looked cute and he was the perfect baby. Apparently the mountain air agreed with him because when we went back to our room, he napped, and napped and napped the afternoon away (probably almost 4 hours total). Then we had a quick photo shoot and packed up to golf with Daddy. Matt booked a round of 9 holes and Simon and I were able to tag along. At this point of the day, the course was pretty deserted so we didn't have to be wary of flying balls. Mental note for me for next time - don't strap a 20 lb. baby for a walk around the golf course - especially one in the mountains. I got quite the workout from walking up and down the mountain. I'm thinking they need some redesign of the course before I'd be willing to do that again :) Sunday morning we had a lazy morning before checking out and heading over to the pool complex. We actually had to wear bathing caps for the pool which Matt and I weren't thrilled about - Simon looked adorable but we just looked stupid. I kept Simon's bathing cap so I'll have to get a photo of it someday soon. The trip back was uneventful and we had a nap before picking up the puppies. Here's the result of our photoshoot:





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment