Sunday, October 21, 2007

Our Unlucky Rav4

For the second time in a few weeks, we had to call 911 for someone to come out and fill out an accident report. We were lucky again with no injuries, but this time our car didn't fare too well. Here's what happened...Simon and I were driving back from Saunders Farm in the Rav4, Matt, Emjae and Braedon were following behind us. I was heading through a four way stop sign when the overhead flashing light came crashing down onto the car. I managed to get through the wires and pulled to the side of the road. Thankfully the light didn't come through the windshield which it may have done if I were driving a lower car. It did however, do some damage to the body work on the front and side of the car in addition to giving both Matt and I quite a scare. It turns out that the utility pool feeding the wire to the light was rotten and the winds managed to sway it enough to snap taking the overhead light with it. So considering, we were quite lucky to get away with just minor damage to the car.

No comments: