Sunday, March 16, 2008
Simon's Birthday - Family Party Edition
Well the family party was a bit of a scramble since our floors were in the process of being replaced so there wasn't much time for the monkey themed party part II, like I had originally planned. Instead it was lunch and store bought cake. It was kind of disappointing since I was so excited for his first birthday but in the end I was worn down from our week of being homeless and in upheaval. Simon didn't seem to mind though. After a long cuddle with his uncle John to start the party, he jumped right into the festivities. He loved having his high chair in the row with all of the other adults - especially since the ones beside him were feeding him ice cream. The balloons were also a big hit, both for Simon and Braedon and Emjae. I'm thankful that I got two bunches since Emjae and Braedon both wanted ownership of one. We had to blow up a balloon for Simon to play with on the floor so that he could get in on the fun too! Cake was not Simon's favourite this go round. The chocolate cake was a bit too rich and made him a little sick. He got some great gifts from the party goers. Granddad and Nanna bought him two table and chair sets - we had wanted one large table but we saw this little one and it was too cute to pass up so we got two! Grandma and Grandpa gave him a hooded towel and more money for his education fund as did Granny Lay. And the aunts and uncles got together to give Simon a tricycle which Simon loved to climb all over - the box that is. I was a bit of a control freak when it came to the gifts because we have so much stuff already, but it was so nice not to feel overwhelmed by more toys. And last but not least, Great Aunt Kaye (emphasis on the great) bought him some more bibs (the bibs from England are such great quality and design and I love everyone she picks as my new favourtie) and two cute t-shirts with attitude. I can't wait until the summer so that I can get pictures.









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment