Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Boy #2 - The Latest

Well he's kicking up a storm, and I'm still sick and exhausted 24/7 but this time round, I don't feel pregnant. Possibly because I can't check out quite like a did the first time round. Simon still likes to eat dinner and play in the evenings and is not interested in my desired weeknight of sleeping and eating white toast.

Even though we don't really need to accumulate anything else for this little guy (aside from a new play pen - thanks to Gus chewing a hole in our first one and Simon enlarging it to the point where he could get his head through) and a car seat, we still have lots to do to get ready. Simon needs to move bedrooms, and in order to do this we have to paint the new room and pick up some fun accessories to make it desirable to him. We have most of the bones, it's just a matter of finding time to put it all together. Time is a luxury these days too with Matt working overtime throughout March and April for year-end. Seeing as I'm pretty useless when it comes to painting and moving heavy furniture, I'm am stuck in a waiting pattern.

My last appointment for this guy showed that I have low-lying placenta so if a repeat ultrasound in 8-10 weeks doesn't show any changes, a c-section may be a real possibility. I'm trying to put it out of my mind because my doctor didn't seem too concerned so it's a bit of a waiting game for the next 2 months. My plan to postpone my gloucose test until the last minute was also nixed due to my history of big babies so I'll be enduring that in the next two weeks. Here's to hoping this little guy is a bit on the smaller side.

No comments: