Tuesday, March 23, 2010

News Flash

News flash for Simon - when your lights go out at 7:30pm, I kind of expect you to be asleep by 8:30pm. Of course it was hard to tell you this when I went into your room and you were singing:

"Simon is the champion, Simon is the champion. No time for losers because Simon is the champion."

This kid cracks me up daily. Urgh, he's at it again. I wish kids came with volume control.

Edited to add: Once I posted this I thought I'm such a bad parent for teaching my kid a song with the word loser in it. We've been talking a lot about winning and losing around here because I think it's important for Simon to know that he's not always going to win (and as parents, we no longer let him all the time). But loser is such a harsh word. So it's a good thing that the song has now morphed :) Yesterday, Miles was doing something champion worthy in the car because Simon would scream, "Yeah Miles, you do it" and then broke into, "Miles is the champion, Miles is the champion. On my nunuter (rhymes with computer), Miles is the champion." When I finished off the song with, "of the world", Simon decided it sounded better if it was, "of the cookie".

No comments: