Matt and I finally found time this morning to put together the trampoline. Well to be honest, I mostly watched from the sidelines and critiqued the whole process (my specialty). Simon was antsy to get a turn on the trampoline but it wasn't ready until late in the day after his nap. His first time out on the trampoline definitely showed us that it was worthwhile putting up such a huge contraption that takes up a huge portion of our backyard. He was squealing in delight the whole time and made sure to call Mommy and Daddy in on the fun. Here's some shots of his first time out - thanks to all of his Aunts and Uncles for making it possible!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Trampoline
For Simon's second birthday, we requested gift certificates from all his Aunts and Uncles so that we could buy a backyard trampoline. Simon loves to jump on the trampoline on gymnastics so we figured it would be perfect for this summer when we have the new baby who will be demanding a lot of attention. Picking up the trampoline felt like an episode of the Amazing Race. I had received the Canadian Tire flyer and noticed that they were having an awesome sale. It started on a Friday at 8:00am and thankfully coincided with one of my holiday days so I called Gramma to come over bright and early to hang out with Simon so I didn't have to try to wrangle a toddler and a trampoline. I arrived at the store at 7:55am and there was already a crowd gathering. I started to feel panic setting in when I thought everyone was there for the same purpose - thankfully, it seemed that most of the other people were there for one of their other bargains save one other person. When they opened the doors we both went on a frantic search for the coveted trampoline. Twenty minutes later, I walked triumphantly out with said trampoline. We had to put it in the garage for a few weeks when the backyard dried up and until we were sure winter was truly over (we often get snow into mid-April around these parts). Plus with all of the overtime Matt has been working, putting together a trampoline wasn't really a priority.
Matt and I finally found time this morning to put together the trampoline. Well to be honest, I mostly watched from the sidelines and critiqued the whole process (my specialty). Simon was antsy to get a turn on the trampoline but it wasn't ready until late in the day after his nap. His first time out on the trampoline definitely showed us that it was worthwhile putting up such a huge contraption that takes up a huge portion of our backyard. He was squealing in delight the whole time and made sure to call Mommy and Daddy in on the fun. Here's some shots of his first time out - thanks to all of his Aunts and Uncles for making it possible!

Matt and I finally found time this morning to put together the trampoline. Well to be honest, I mostly watched from the sidelines and critiqued the whole process (my specialty). Simon was antsy to get a turn on the trampoline but it wasn't ready until late in the day after his nap. His first time out on the trampoline definitely showed us that it was worthwhile putting up such a huge contraption that takes up a huge portion of our backyard. He was squealing in delight the whole time and made sure to call Mommy and Daddy in on the fun. Here's some shots of his first time out - thanks to all of his Aunts and Uncles for making it possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment