Thursday, February 22, 2007
First Baby Shower
I had my first official baby shower today courtesy of my coworkers at the RCMP. I have been pregnant the entire time I have been with the department and my coworkers have been incredibly supportive of me. Although the shower wasn't a surprise, they managed to surprise me throughout - first with the location. We almost didn't make it to the right restaurant but thankfully my memory for something kicked in and we made it fashionably late. Judith surprised me by inviting my Mum along for the shower. They were determined to wear me out opening gifts, with each box being wrapped about 1/2 dozen times each. Everyone was extremely generous - at the shower, I got a few necessities and then a gift certificate to St. Laurent so that I can go out and shop for any remaining things that I made need. I'm hoping to go out a few weeks after the baby is born and combine a shopping trip with a visit into the office so that everyone can meet the baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment