Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Introducing Miles Xavier Fuller
Monday started off with me in full nesting mode, vacuuming the much neglected bedrooms, laundry and trying to get some last minute things ready in anticipation of our latest addition. Monday ended abruptly with the alarm clock blaring (it must have been set sometime during my frantic cleaning)and a frantic dive to turn the blaring noise off. I think that was the nudge I needed to start labour as 25 minutes later, the floodgates opened when my water broke. Unfortunately, even though it wasn't accompanied by labour, we had to head right to the hospital to be treated with antibiotics. After waking up Grandma, and then doing a trial run halfway to the hospital (we had to turn back for the camera), we arrived around 2:00am in full style sporting a bright pink beach towel which did wonders to disguise my leaky state! We were immediately ushered into a labour delivery room and hooked up to both antibiotics and Pitocin to get things going. Having been in labour for 36ish hours with Simon, I was expecting to settle in for the long haul and eagerly awaited my epidural to get some sleep. Turns out, our little guy had other plans as he made a quick arrival at 6:05am, after 2 pushes, he didn't even wait for the doctor to suit up and was delivered by our labour and delivery nurse, Shelley. Miles Xavier Fuller weighed in at a mere 7lbs. 9oz., almost 2 full pounds less than brother Simon (despite estimates of another big baby). He is 21.5 inches long and sports a full head of spiky black hair. It was a much easier birth than Simon and recovery is going well. Aside from the lack of sleep in the hospital (I didn't manage any from admission to discharge), things are going well. Miles is a bit jaundiced but I begged mercy to go home so we'll have to go for some additional testing and follow-up this week. Simon has done well so far with his role of big brother, particularly since Miles bought him some great gifts.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
CONGRATS!
Congrats! He's gorgeous! I love him to bits already! Cannot wait to meet him.
Well done! He's just gorgeous and so are you Vanessa.
Bill and I can't wait to meet our new nephew.
Congratulations.
Love Bill and Tara.
xoxoxo
Congrats from Michael and I!!! Way to go Vanessa and Matt!! Congrats on you BB Simon and welcome Miles....Venessa you will have to send me some picks and see if I can get him pubbed too!!!! have to have an even score for both of them!!! have fun!
Post a Comment