Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Early Christmas Gift

This week was rough - I am a poor sleeper at the best of times but throw in stress, an upcoming event, tragedy and I am a wreck. Three nights this week I slept for only 4 hours, which is well below my necessary 9 hours. Last night I was absolutely shattered and Matt was scheduled to go to soccer meaning that I would be on Simon alert which equals no sleep. Thankfully Jacquie and Bill came to the rescue and came over to hang-out at our place, keep poor little Brutus company and listen for Simon so that I could just tune out for the evening. It was the best early Christmas gift. I went to bed at 6:00pm, woke around 10:00pm to go to the bathroom and then went back to sleep until around 6:00am, woke briefly to feed Simon and then was back to la-la-land until 8:00am. I am so glad they were here since Simon woke up to eat (which he has been doing a lot of lately) and I was blissfully unaware. I am still feeling a little off but doing 100 times better than I was yesterday.

No comments: