Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Storm

From the Ottawa Citizen:

On Sunday, residents were being advised to stay indoors as the massive winter storm rolled its way into Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, creating havoc on the highways.

"Stay at home," Const. Kevin Davidson of the Ontario Provincial Police said Sunday morning. "Don't travel unless you absolutely have to."

Well apparently I absolutely had to travel - and so did a bunch of my crazy girlfriends since we had dozens of cookies baked for our annual cookie exchange. The roads weren't too crazy when we headed out but once you ventured into the parking lots it was clear that it may be a bit of an effort to get out. From Carol's eleventh floor apartment, you couldn't even see the ground there was so much snow falling but you could sure feel it when we got out there and had to push everyone's cars up the hill in the parking lot! I quickly realized that boots would have been a good idea - along with mitts and a hat. Thankfully our car is packed with junk so I managed to rummage up mitts and a hat. We only had to sacrifice one car - Farrah's - and she made the trip home by bus with a giant projector. Driving home I kept thinking what's with all these idiots on the road but I guess I was one of them but at least I had a variety of cookies!

No comments: