Saturday, December 22, 2007

Granddad's Christmas Party

Dad was totally psyched that he got to show off all three of his grandchildren at his work Christmas party this year. We packed up Braedon, Emjae and Simon for an afternoon at Kidz SportsWorld. This place was a kids dream but a little much for out of shape parents. It consisted of a bunch of those blow up castles, all of which included a slide up a ridiculously steep wall. I was required to follow Braedon through a bunch of them until he got the confidence to do it on his own. Let's just say that I was a zoombie after about 1/2 hour of that. Emjae wasn't all that interested in them although she did let me take her in one of the bouncers but I wasn't able to put her down. Simon mostly hung out with Granddad upstairs away for the noise. Granddad let him chop on some melon and pizza crust which he throughly enjoyed. The kids were also given an early Christmas surprise - Emjae and Simon both got a ride-on inchworm reminiscent of the ones we had when I was little and Braedon got a noisy toy - something to do with cars which I'm sure Granddad will be regretting picking out pretty quickly. Emjae was much like I was when I was little. Right up at the front waiting for her toy and she was quite the site carrying a box as big as she was back to rip open.



No comments: